Denise Goldberg's blog

Washington & Oregon
Wandering on two wheels, 1999

Saturday, July 17, 1999

Rain day in Kelso

As soon as I checked out of the hotel this morning it started to pour. I stood and talked with a couple from Vancouver who were traveling by motorcycle. Then I sat in the hotel lobby for a good hour, talking to the hotel manager and the desk clerk.

Then... I decided to check back into the hotel.

I guess it is time for a rest day, and I just couldn't face starting out in that kind of downpour. Of course as soon as I checked in to the hotel the rain started to ease up. That didn't last long though - the heavy rain continued until 3pm. I definitely made the right decision to stay. I had a relaxing day - reading, resting, and using the hotel's indoor pool. Back to the bike tomorrow...